Forum Header

Share |

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 10:39:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
72842 Posts in 4358 Topics by 627 Members
Latest Member: AndrijiSak
Search: Advanced search
+ Pond Plants Forum - Koi Forum - Pond Products Forum
|-+ Forum Front Page
| |-+ Product Review's
| | |-+ SuperBugs
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SuperBugs  (Read 6853 times)
Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

SuperBugs
« on: May 15, 2008, 09:44:37 AM »

Does anyone here use SuperBugs as their microbial bacteria in their ponds.  I am new to Koi and I have acquired a 2400 gal. pond and want to keep it clean.  I need help!

Thanks!
Mike

The Skipper
Paul
Forum Admin
Pond Guru

3-Hour Cruise?

Re: SuperBugs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

Welcome to the forum Mike! I don't even know what superbugs are. I pretty much stick  with Microbe-Lift products. Maybe some of the other forum members know?

No you can't take my constitutional rights away from me, I am still using them!

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson, March 4, 1801

“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »

Here is a website that might explain superbugs.  It is beneficial bacteria.  How do you use the product you mentioned?

http://www.pondandgardenwholesalers.com/servlet/the-112/pond-bacteria-algae-control/Detail

Thanks!
Mike

The Skipper
Paul
Forum Admin
Pond Guru

3-Hour Cruise?

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 10:57:58 AM »

It is also beneficial bacteria. It is just that the company has been around forever and they have the trust of most of the pond people who buy bacteria.

http://www.pondkoi.com/pond_products_microbe_lift.htm

"Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations, entangling alliances with none." - Thomas Jefferson, March 4, 1801

“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 11:05:48 AM »

Thanks, I will look into it.  How big is your pond, and how often do you add bacteria?  I need to know specifics, I am so new to all of this.

Thanks again!
Mike

The Skipper
Paul
Forum Admin
Pond Guru

3-Hour Cruise?

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »

You are busting me out Mike! I just moved in October and my new place doesn't have a pond yet...  I have plans for the pond of all ponds. There is a place out back that is on the side of a hill, shaped like a 1/4 piece of pie. The two sides of the piece of pie are bordered with Norway spruce about 50 feet high, and the crust side (downhill side) is open. The section of pie is sandy loam for easy digging. My plan is to have 3 or 4 ponds that start small at the top and then feed into each other with waterfall biofilters and get bigger as they get to the bottom. It is going to be a major project and with my business I really don't get any free time until after August, so I have to wait until then.

Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 05:19:27 PM »

Wow, that sounds like the POND to beat ALL PONDS!  I just moved to this new home in Feb. and it had the pond.  It was covered with ICE when I moved in, and I had not clue what to expect.  The previous owner told me that there is a huge learning curve involved, but I am starting from ground ZERO!  I have a waterfall on one side that feeds into a surface skimmer on the opposite side of the pond.  The water is pumped from the skimmer to a series of three barrels with bio material in them and then back to the water fall.  I am looking for advice that will help me keep the pond clean and my fish healthy.

Good luck with your HUGE project, and I am looking forward to pictures as soon as the are available.

Mike

*Lisa
#1 LIMIT PUSHER
Global Moderator
Pond Guru

Elgin, IL

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 05:21:09 PM »

Dont you people know the economy is bad your not supposed to be moving Smiley

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~
"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how not to drown in the rain"

Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:23:46 PM »

Here is a photo of my pond...

* koi.jpg (152.27 KB, 778x518 - viewed 117 times.)

Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 05:24:54 PM »

It was a move up, I moved to town from the country, only a few blocks away from school, so I can save GAS that way.

*Lisa
#1 LIMIT PUSHER
Global Moderator
Pond Guru

Elgin, IL

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »

Oh good for you, gas is outrageous, It hit 4.00 here

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says~~
"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how not to drown in the rain"

Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »

$3.87 here, jumped up .36 cents in one day!

The Skipper
Paul
Forum Admin
Pond Guru

3-Hour Cruise?

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 04:54:15 AM »

$3.99 at the cheapest station near here. Here is a lame picture of how I want to lay out my pond. At least you get the idea if you keep in mind that the area I have highlighted is about a 30 degree slope down from the point in the corner.

* the-plan.jpg (35.73 KB, 430x704 - viewed 124 times.)

Schroeder1959
Pond Master

High School Teacher

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 09:24:00 AM »

Paul,

What do you suggest for predators?  I have not had a problem yet, but I want to be safe, I do live in a town that is on the Illinois River, and there are a lot of birds that like to eat fish flying around.

Mike

The Skipper
Paul
Forum Admin
Pond Guru

3-Hour Cruise?

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:19 AM »

Try reading this thread!

http://www.pondkoi.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.0

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 22 queries.